Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hawaii 5-0

Today was Papa's 50th Birthday. The kids had a fun time getting picture ready for him and wrapping his present. Lucy colored a picture of a birthday cake for Papa with a big 50 on the top, and Max colored a giraffe. Then they put his new movie: "The Apple Dumpling Gang" and "The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides again" into a box along with their pictures. We headed up to Grandma and Papa's house for a birthday dinner made by Auntie Ali and spent a few quick minutes with everyone up there before they all headed their separate ways. Lucy and I also made a quick Rice Krispie Square cake for papa, since no one is a huge fan of cake at our house.
Papa also got some new tools from his kids and Grandma, which really looks like an invitation for more work, but hopefully this will make that work easier.
When all was said and done, everyone headed out to their vehicles to go to their different meetings and activities when Grandma called everyone to come and see the sky. This beautiful artwork was a nice cap to Papa's big day.
Sometimes I am so amazed by the view out here on our piece of heaven. I wish I could take a picture everyday, because it's constantly changing and if I ever have to leave, I never want to forget it.
Here's also a few pictures of the kids in their new jammies (Lucy's trying to help Max make a funny face). It makes me nostalgic for Christmas. Max was so excited to see Lucy this morning that he ran down the hallway to give her a big hug.
I hope they're always best friends. Even as I type this, they are playing pass with a small basketball right behind me. Papa's other grandson wasn't able to participate much in his birthday, except to stand there and look cute...but he does a really good job at that.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Heather, your kids are getting sooo big!!! I miss you guys!